In Gillian McKeith Territory

2 days in. 

Actually it's gone rather well. Possible ciabatta of doubt...

We went to the cinema to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and I took water and homemade popcorn like some kind of beatified Stepford Wife. Just a bit of salted butter on the popcorn. I normally do sweet and salty. Actually, scratch that. I normally do three scoops of Ben and Jerry's. The three I can actually have because most of the flavours have soya in them which isn't great for thyroxine absorption. 

Bloody soya, infecting my sugary, fatty ice cream with its weight gain side effects!

The film was flipping great! 

In anticipation of our upcoming holiday in Naples we decided to go to Bella Italia. Yes please bring over the pepper mill that's taller than you, waitress. And I'll happily play the "say when" challenge with the parmesan cheese. The cheese is not a problem. Some of the menu well may be though...

Decided to go starter/mains because there's no way any of the desserts in a chain like Bella Italia aren't UPF. I tried my best by ordering meatballs followed by chicken cacciatore with a side salad. Then they brought us over a free extra bruschetta! The bread seemed like it might be good bread. Anyway, I ate it and it was gorgeous! Lots of tomatoes and olive oil and yumminess. 

Bit disappointing to see the likes of cheeseburgers now on the menu, but some people might be just a bit challenged by pasta, who knows?

I'm now reading Food For Life by Tim Spector. I kept seeing his name pop up in Dr Chris's book so, full of curiosity, I looked up Zoe and filled in the questionnaire. Do you know, it's the first time I have encountered a thing like that where they actually bother asking you if you're post menopausal. And it seems less of a diet plan than signing up to be part of a massive science study which sounds interesting. Joining Zoe is extremely expensive though and they want you to send off poo samples which is frightening Gillian McKeith territory, except she was only ever a doctor of linguistics and an awful person so probably not the same. 

I'm not doing it though. One, because it's £2.50 for half a loaf of sourdough already, and two because my one rule is to avoid the obsessional thinking that normally accompanies any change of diet and supposed "lifestyle". Just this blog and a bit of reading will do me. I've deleted MyFitnessPal and Strava. I still have Fitbit for the steps. I'm just going to try staying active and eating normally and see how that goes. MFP encouraged me to eat more calories after exercise, plus all the recipes were American therefore in cups which is annoying. I do have a measuring cup, but I don't wish to be using such a thing for cabbage!

Bus day today. Nice stroll into town. Packed lunch. £2 bus to work. Nice one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underflaps

Bad Actors

Face