Face

 On Tuesday night we took a friend to an appointment, where they had good news, and so a pub visit was in order. I only had 2 drinks, which isn't much, and it was post dinner of sweet potato wedges and a Bolognese style topping with rocket on the side, with about a spoonful of minced lamb. 

Here comes a dichotomy:

Yesterday, boy was I thirsty all day. Was it the 2 pints, or was it the 2 pints PLUS 4 tiny pieces of fried chicken I ate on the way home like some out of control quitter?

My eczema elbow barometer was ugh too.  And horribly the zipper tap at work was kaput, as was the drinks machine. This meant no water to drink, and queues for the kettle. So I resorted to a coke. Which meant I might as well have some of the free pizza that was kicking about.

Here is a wagon. Here is the edge of the wagon. Here is sudden movement and gravity.

Okay, so pretty bad..

 Then, last night, during a writers online zoom, I had a breakthrough moment. 

Staring at my own face on the screen I noticed something I had not seen for a while. Only my flipping jaw! THE DOUBLE CHIN WAS GONE!

I've not lost weight or anything but the swollen puffiness under my face seems to have magically disappeared. I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with the UPFs I ingested yesterday, but might be the solid week of avoiding them previously. 

So it's back on the wagon today. And hydrate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underflaps

Bad Actors